The Complete Canadian Book Editor
Publisher — Brush Education
$49.95 – print
$39.99 – ebook
Publish Date August 2016
Trade paperback (US)
ISBN Print 9781550596779
ISBN eBook 9781550596809
This practical resource goes where style guides don’t to prepare you with the skills you need for a career as an in-house or freelance editor. Get that job by learning how to position yourself for potential employers and clients.
Book editing involves a whole lot more than proofreading. From acquiring manuscripts to managing author relationships to even marketing, editors play an integral role in the day-to-day operations of a publishing house. With activities and exercises throughout the book, you’ll reinforce key concepts and learn how to think like an expert editor.
- The nuts and bolts of manuscript acquisition and book contracts
- Elements of editing a manuscript and the elusive concept of style
- The design and production process, including digital workflow
- Important marketing functions every editor should know
- The future of publishing and why editors are more important than ever before
- An overview of the state of the industry in Canada